- S.H.I.E.L.D. is from the Yost Universe.
S.H.I.E.L.D., short for Strategic Homeland Intervention and Enforcement Logistics Division, is a government organization that deals with threats on superhuman levels.
- Maria Hill: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Clay Quartermain
- Jimmy Woo
- Jasper Sitwell: Fate unknown, possibly killed by Ultron.
- Mandroid Squad: Group who operate Mandroid Armor.
- Nick Fury: Former director, left for unspecified reasons. Later started the Secret Warriors.
- Black Widow: Double agent inserted into HYDRA. When discovered, joined the Secret Warriors.
- Mockingbird: Kidnapped and replaced by Skrull queen Veranke. Unknown if she rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D. after her escape.
- Hawkeye: Framed as a HYDRA agent then joined the Avengers.
- Veranke: Secretly replaced Mockingbird and joined as part of her cover.
- Franklin Hall: Transformed into Graviton and imprisoned on the Raft.
Several agents were transformed into Wendigos as an experiment. Fury then asked Bruce Banner to help, but really he wanted Hulk to defeat them. When Hulk disappeared he got Wolverine of the X-Men to track him, threatening to expose the other members to the Mutant Response Division if Wolverine rejected him. Wolverine succeeded and saved the agents. He then punched Bruce so he would become Hulk and attack Fury.
S.H.I.E.L.D. was instrumental in the formation of the Avengers.
First time that Hill led S.H.I.E.L.D. in animation.
Nick Fury left because he instigated a "Secret War" into Latveria against Doctor Doom. He recruited Captain America, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Wolverine, and Quake to covertly overthrow the country. He then brainwashed the heroes, except for Black Widow and Quake, into forgetting that it happened. Years later, Lucia von Bardas leads Latverian forces into an attack on New York and Fury's secret is exposed.
- Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division (Earth-8096) at Marvel Database
- Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate (Earth-616) at Marvel Database