The month is over and the results are in. We asked visitors which female superhero was their favorite.
- First place with 20% of the votes was Black Widow. The character has seen a recent upswing in popularity. While a recurring character on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, she is now a regular on Avengers Assemble and had her own film earlier year with Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher.
- In second place with 15% of the votes Jean Grey. Somewhat infamous for her constant deaths and resurrections, the character has been largely absent from the comics until recently and was last a regular on X-Men: Evolution. Jean has always remained one of the most iconic female faces of the X-Men as one of the founding members.
- Third place was a three-way tie between Ms. Marvel, Black Cat, and She-Hulk with 13%. Ms. Marvel was a regular on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and has gained popularity in the comics as the new Captain Marvel. Black Cat was a regular on the popular Spider-Man series though has since made only guest appearances on series. She-Hulk was a main character on the second season of The Incredible Hulk.
- Four place with 8% was split between Storm and Rogue. Both have been X-Men regulars since X-Men. Storm has been gaining popularity leading the recent X-Men comic and getting her own series. Rogue has been appearing on X-Men and Uncanny Avengers.
- Getting 5% in fifth place was Spider-Woman and Wasp. The Jessica Drew version had her own series back in the 1970s and Julia Carpenter was the main love interest on Iron Man. Wasp was a regular on The Avengers: United They Stand and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Bringing up the rear with 3% was Invisible Woman. Susan has been a major part of every appearance of the Fantastic Four, though has only made guest appearances since the end of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes.
Check out this month's poll to say which series that has concluded most needs the complete series released on DVD, that has not already had one: The Marvel Super Heroes, Fantastic Four (1978), Fantastic Four (1978), Fred and Barney Meet the Thing, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, The Incredible Hulk (1982), Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man Unlimited, The Avengers: United They Stand, or X-Men: Evolution.